Summer is almost upon us! Well, the unofficial start of summer has come and gone but the first day of summer is actually this weekend on June 21st, the longest day of the year. Now that means some places you may wish to travel to are experiencing winter right now but if you’re hosting a domestic destination I do then take advantage of our fabulous weather in parts of the country that aren’t too hot for an outdoor reception. And regardless of where you wed, keep in mind a few simple ways to make your summer wedding special (and guest-friendly)!
1. Consider bright colors for your big day!
2. Give guests parasols and consider tenting to keep the heat away.
3. Use flowers that can handle the heat and won’t wilt on your wedding day (and f0r outdoor ceremonies, dress the site just before the start time for the best looking floral product.
4. Use props that speak of summer in your decor (like this lantern filled centerpiece).
5. And don’t forget to put a few fun summer anthems in your playlist for the band or DJ to kick start the party!