Are you looking for a great pair of sandals for your destination wedding or honeymoon? Look no further than these gorgeous sandals from our friends at Fibi & Clo! They are super cute, fun, and stylish – oh did I mention they are totally affordable? Have you clicked away already to check these beauties out? Well before you do, let me tell you a little more about them. These sandals are comfy and durable enough to keep you looking fabulous during your beach wedding. They are also practical enough to be used during your honeymoon and even when you get back home to run errands in. And of course they are a great flat to gift your maids with so every coordinates (they’ll thank you for these beauties). The team at Fibi & Clo actually sent us a pair and the compliments keep coming! So I picked out a few photos of my favorites for you to check out. Happy Shopping!
Today we’re sharing a few of our favorite ideas and products from Etsy that make great additions to your destination wedding! From a welcome bag tote to a coffee favor for a Costa Rica wedding and a starfish hairpin for your beach wedding – Etsy has great finds for all your wedding day details! Take a look at some of our faves and find the sources below the photos.
Looking for a few fun gift ideas for the destination wedding couple in your life? Or perhaps you’re on the hunt for a great goodie or two for your traveling bridal party? Take a look at these hot travel luxuries we love!
1. Cashmere Travel Blanket + Eye Mask: The ultimate in luxury and comfort, this soft, cable-knit set includes a travel blanket and sleep mask that tucks neatly into a matching carry case. Carry case doubles as a pillowcase for airline pillow. $300
2. Prince of Whales Travel Gift Set: This Luxury Gift Set includes a luxury travel pillow, classic envelope wash bag and our classic eye mask. This set of travel essentials in prince of wales check makes the perfect gift for the global traveller. This item is presented in a luxury gift box. $258.67
3. Custom Luggage Tag: Round plastic luggage ID tag with custom inscription. $12
4. Scratch Off Travel Journal: Combining the functionality of a travel planner, a checklist, a diary, an international translator, and an interactive map, this kit is the ultimate travel companion. Ideal for the person in your life who always seems to be jetting off on their next adventure, this compact journal allows them to plan their trip and record every experience along their journey in their own words. Plus, they’ll be able to keep track of their travels with the set handsome scratch-off-where-you’ve-been maps of every continent. $27.99
If you’re anything like me, maintaining a chic appearance in a tropical climate doesn’t come about as naturally as you might like. Worry not! I have gathered a few tips along the way…
Take into consideration your tan-ability; do you tend to burn at the sight of the sun or have you been blessed with beach friendly skin? Whichever category you fall into, its always a good idea to bring a big floppy hat that you can roll up and toss into your beach bag (which also delivers the added benefit of bad beach hair camouflage).
The heat brings on extra perspiration that carries into the evening as well, especially in humid locations; arm yourself with blot papers. MAC makes a winning version.
Sand is a natural exfoliant; get your buff on at the beach! Take a sit at the water’s edge and exfoliate your legs, arms and feet. Voila! Honeymoon-smooth skin.
Keep it simple. I try to keep my vacation makeup ritual to a minimum. Waterproof mascara and a light colored gloss looks chic and location appropriate. I love Benefit’s lip gloss in Kiss Me for this exact purpose.
I always travel to sunny destinations with an extra bottle of foundation in a shade darker than my normal hue. I’ll mix some of the darker shade with my usual depending on just how tan I get. Makeup crisis avoided! Seal your look with a face mist. Try Mario Badescu’s rose face spray.
Yesterday we shared a few of our favorite tech travel gifts and today it’s all about going personal! From custom mugs to custom laundry totes, take a look at our favorite personal (and affordable destination wedding gifts).
1. In Flight Travel Kits: His and Hers travel kits make flying to that exotic honeymoon destination a breeze. Complete with an eye mask, inflatable neck pillow with removable/washable jersey cover, and moldable earplugs for a long night of travel. $22.00
2. Scratch Off Map of the World: For the travel loving couple this scratch off map makes a great stocking stuffer to inspire them to globe-trot together and reveal new places on the map. $22.00
3. Monogrammed Travel Bags: Travel in style, and with your new last name with these monogrammed travel laundry bags. Your dirty clothes have never looked so good! $98.00
4. Personalized City Ceramics: Jessica Rust Designs creates custom wedding gifts – mugs, plates, and keepsakes for the couple who likes something a bit more personal. Did they host a destination wedding in a big city? Then gift them the memory of a set showing off that city’s skyline (with a personal name and date included of course). $29.00-$84.00
Happy Holidays friends and travelers! Today we’ve got a few of our favorite tech travel inspired gifts. Goodies that make great wedding presents to one another or for your favorite couple, don’t leave home without these fun finds!
1. Instagram Photo Calendar: Turn your honeymoon photos, wedding photos, or love story into a personalized calender with Printstagram – they take your Instagram images and bind and print! Great countdown gift to the honeymoon or the first anniversary getaway! $40.00
2. Mobile Mini Speaker: Enjoy your own soundtrack and set the mood with tunes you’ve traveled with through these mini mobile speakers that work on all your mobile devices. $34.99
3. Roll Up Travel Charger: A sleek leather roll up that unveils a dock to charge you and your new spouse’s travel gadgets. Plug in and then plug into the wall and you’re set! $49.00
4. Scuba Mask with HD Camera: What to get the couple who has everything? Taking a tropical honeymoon to Fiji? Then don’t leave home without a scuba mask complete with underwater HD camera! Make memories above and below sea level. $300.00
October is National Breast Cancer Awareness Month so today we’re highlighting a few fun pink travel finds from our friends over at Newlywish. Their registry site has everything from dinners for two and cooking classes to travel products that during the month of October will donate 100% of proceeds to the non-profit, Wish Upon A Wedding. So pick up those honeymoon must-haves or bridesmaid gifts and give back at the same time! Hurry, it’s only for the month of October!
1. Luggage Tags: Don’t loose your luggage, tag it! Fashionable and functional these leather luggage tags can be personalized and come in an array of colors to match your bags. $23-33
2. Passport Holders: This leather passport case fits perfectly in your purse or pocket and can even be personalized with gold stamping (your new initials perhaps!?!) $45-$55
3. iPhone Cases: This leather iPhone sleeve protects your phone in style with a gold monogram ideal for gifts for your guys or gals. $45-$55
4. Laptop Cases: The perfect fit for a 15″ laptop, protect your precious cargo and travel in style (for those of us who just can’t leave the computer at home, even on a honeymoon). Personalization available perfect for groomsmen gifts. $195-$205
Every once and a while we come across a product line or designer whose work and collection we just adore. Emily Riggs Bridal is one of those designers – with a line of sweet and sexy garters, vintage-inspired jewelry, and oh-so perfect destination wedding veils and accessories we just had to share them with you today. Whether hosting a big church wedding in Italy or an intimate I do in the great outdoors of Montana, these pieces will have you at hello.
Hosting a destination wedding in Morocco? Have you heard of the wonderful tradition of the Moroccan wedding blanket (also known as Berber wedding blankets). They are beautiful woven blankets made by the bride’s female relatives. A collection of silver sequins and soft fabrics; the ladies of the house weave for weeks leading up to the big day until the blanket is ready to be given to the bride, along with some words of wisdom about marriage (among other things). Once the wedding ceremony is complete, the bride wraps her head and wears it like a cape before retiring it in her new home. The blanket then serves as protection for the newlyweds – keeping out evil and bringing fertility.
Your family may not be weaving one of these beauties for you, but why not register for one? Or use several as an aisle at your ceremony? We even found one wedding tent made of these good luck charms. If you are gifted one before your big day, be sure to take it with you and the two of you can snuggle under it for a few special photo ops.
Recently over on The Huffington Post I shared a few ways to plan for the perfect honeymoon (check it out here). So today I wanted to expand on that topic and show you a few of my favorite honeymoon must-pack items (all almost under $50). I’ll start by skipping the obvious (your shower lingerie gifts, etc) – these are a few new finds for honeymooners.
1. A Great Book: Semi-Charmed Life by Nora Zelevansky. A brand new novel, this delightful read will carry you away with wit and humor and kick start your vacation perfectly! Because let’s face it, you deserve a little downtime with a great book, even on your honeymoon! $10.98
2. On the Go Protection: (No, not that kind.) Supergoop! Sunscreen Swipes provide 30+ SPF protection in individually packaged wipes. Easy to pack and apply, you won’t be rocking an accidental 80’s look as there’s no color to rub in – it goes on clear, clean, and without a residue, so no need to wash up after applying. Why didn’t they think of this sooner? $15
3. Jet Lag Relief: Chances are you’ll land with more than jet lag, but pure exhaustion from the big day. Don’t waste a single moment on location sleeping it off, carry on a JetPax Jet Lag Relief Kit instead. Pop a JetPax natural dietary supplement pill on arrival and again before bed and you’ll be back to your old self in no time to explore your new honeymoon home. $6
4. Wedding Walking Shoes: Don’t forget to pack a pair of shoes that give back – TOMS. Buy a pair today, and tomorrow a child in need will get one too. One for One is their mission. And besides spreading the love on your honeymoon, they are lightweight, easy to pack in small spaces and surprisingly comfortable for days out exploring your far-off land. Their new wedding collection was designed with you in mind. $54
5. Underwater iPhone Case: Turn your iPhone into an underwater camera with the Joy Factory RainBallet. This waterproof case gives you a great way to capture those underwater memories and keep your phone dry at the same time. Upload your photos to facebook while underwater? What will they think of next? $49.95
Pack these small and small-priced honeymoon hits for your summer travel and you still have room for all that lingerie too!