Did you get engaged over the holiday last week? Considering a destination wedding for your big day? Keep in mind these five must-do tips to planning an I do out of town!
1. Take a site visit! It may be an added cost but planning will be much easier if you take the time to do a site visit to the location, tour the property and schedule local vendor appointments while in town.
2. Plan for extra room in the budget for welcome bags, travel expenses, and on location activities and experiences to make the most of your time on location.
3. Did you know that it is customary at a destination wedding to invite all traveling guests to the rehearsal dinner? That can turn into a second wedding so plan accordingly in the budget or go low key for cocktails and a welcome reception instead.
4. If a legal ceremony is too much headache or simply not possible at your location, opt for a spiritual ceremony and make it official at city hall back home.
5. Include a welcome itinerary. Even if you opt to skip the welcome bags, providing a personal note and weekend itinerary in each guest’s room will make life easier for everyone who traveled so far to see you.
All Photos by Robert Evans.